Ads are placed online FREE to CAA members for three months OR for two weeks to non-CAA members. (Text only, no photos.) The CAA is not responsible for any claims made in an advertisement.
To place an ad, please write to [email protected]
Director of Coach & Livestock
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, located in beautiful Williamsburg, VA, has an excellent career opportunity for a Director of Coach & Livestock!
In this vital role, you would be responsible for the following (not all-inclusive):
– Develops and maintains a well-trained staff that work in a safe and secure environment.
– Ensure that the staff deliver the highest standards of interpretive historical programming.
– Direct all the animal operations of the Coach and Livestock department, including care of horses, cattle, sheep, poultry, and dogs, many of which are rare and endangered breeds.
– Directs carriage operations and other animal-powered transport and agricultural activities; livestock-related historical interpretive programming for the public; the Rare Breeds conservation program; maintenance and care of antique, modern, and reproduction carriages, wagons, other equipment and facilities; improvement of pasture lands and production of forage crops as animal feed.
– Manages annual budget; cultivates donor opportunities and manages gift accounts.
A detailed job description is available at https://www.caaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Dir-Coach-Livestock-8.30.2019-Kelly-Beth.docx
Please submit cover letter and resume to Keith Fox, Director of Talent Acquisition, at [email protected]
Albany Cutter plus bells
Albany Cutter antique sleigh for sale..restored by Chevalier Buggy Co. shafts included. Photos and price available upon request.
Sleigh bell set by Bevin Bell Co..also for sale. Contact:Eleanor Small So. Hadley [email protected]
Carriages for sale
All proceeds benefit a small non-profit museum through supporting the research, preservation, and growth of our collection.
1. Four Passenger Phaeton: Black body with red and yellow pinstripes. Folding top phaeton, fancy style. Buttons for splash curtain. Maker’s Mark: S. Teedsdale Constantine, Mich. metal plate on the back of the box. Top has been redone. Original paint.
Condition: 2 (scale of 1 through 5, 5 being the best condition)
2. Park Phaeton: Black body with dark blue upholstery. Nice quality headlamps. Mini-victorian pulled by one horse. Converted for George IV-style, owner driven. Maker’s Mark not found. Original top.
3. Kentucky Breaking Cart: Red body. Older restoration. Utilitarian working vehicle, nice shape. Maker’s Mark: Museum of Science and Industry-Chicago brass plate on back.
Photos are available upon request
Contact: Nicole at the Forney Museum of Transportation.
Email: [email protected]
Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5 pm (MST)
Viewing by appointment only
Oakland Carriage for Sale
Oakland, Maker Brewster, NY.
Natural wood with black iron. Plain tan upholstery. Foot brake. Seat flips up. Hooded top and collapsible dickey seat. Shafts. Mint condition.
This vehicle was part of a private collection put together by David and Peggy Rockefeller. Price $6,500.
Located in Valatie, New York.
Barbara Akers 518-755-3607 or [email protected]
Single Horse Cut Under
For sale: 4 wheeled open single horse cut under carriage. It is black patent with red pinstripe for, custom made by Smucker’s of Pennsylvania. Included is a large horse leather harness. Located in Virginia. Asking $2100. Please contact 540-414-1898.